The Gold Hope Project’s mission is simple: Raise awareness of Childhood Cancer through photography. We give a fighter and their family a memory of fun and beautiful pictures in a time when they need a dose of joy. It is because of gracious photographer volunteers that we are able to do this. We are forever grateful to those of you that would like to open your hearts and give back to these deserving families and children.
- A diverse group of subjects (working with children other than your own can be difficult)
- Portfolio of children with varying ages (most of our fighters are between 3-10 years old)
- Updated web-presence (the point of the project is to raise awareness, and an updated web presence helps to spread the word)
- Use of proper lighting (not all fighters are able to be outside, some may take place in the hospital or other location)
- Consistency (if chosen photographer doesn’t accurately represent their work it is unfair to the fighter and their family)
- Proof of legal business
There are no fees required of photographers at this time, which may be subject to change.
Every photographer application is reviewed by a non biased board for quality, based on the applicant’s submitted portfolio. All applicants who meet these requirements will be accepted as a volunteer photographer.
Ready to apply? Submit your application here.